The Noel Collection sponsors and participates in several publication programs. It provides one of two “home bases” for ECCB: The Eighteenth Century Current Bibliography and has frequently served as a resource for publications emerging from the AMS Press, a publisher of scholarly journals and monographs in the area of long-eighteenth-century studies. Its conferences have underwritten books both in-print and in-process. The Noel Collection also participates in the Louisiana Consortium for Long-Eighteenth-Century Studies.
AMS Press publications
Alexander Mikaberidze serves on the board of the Consortium on the Revolutionary Era (1750-1850) and regularly reviews manuscripts and articles for Brill Press, Oxford University Press, University of Oklahoma Press, Rowman & Littlefield press, Bedford/St. Martin’s press, The European Legacy, Journal of Military History, Canadian Slavonic Papers/Revue Canadienne des Slavistes, etc. His recent book, The Napoleonic Wars: A Global History was published, to a critical acclaim, by Oxford University Press in 2020. He is currently editing The Cambridge History of the Napoleonic Wars.
Publications from 2018-2022
Publications from 2018-2022
- Kutuzov: A Life in War and Peace, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2022.
- ნაპოლეონის მარშლები [Napoleon’s Marshals]. Tbilisi: Artanuji, 2021.
- Les guerres napoléoniennes: Une histoire globale. Paris: Flammarion, 2020
- The Napoleonic Wars: A Global History. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2020.
- ნაპოლეონი: 51 კითხვა-პასუხი [51 Questions about Napoleon]. Tbilisi: Artanuji, 2020.
- Translator and Editor, Louis-Victor-Leon Rochechouart, Memoirs of the Revolution, the Empire and the Restoration. Tbilisi: NSG, 2019.
- Bitwa nad Berezyna, 1812: Wielka ucieczka Napoleona. Warsaw: Napoleon V, 2019.
- Editor, The Living Alphabet: Sulkhan Saba Orbeliani’s ‘Dictionary of the Georgian Language Manuscript from The Lilly Library. Tbilisi: Georgian State Museum of Theatre, Music, Cinema and Choreography, 2019.
- Behind the Barbed Wire: Encyclopedia of Concentration and Prisoner-of-War Camps. Santa Barbara CA: ABC-CLIO, 2018.
- La batalla de Borodinó. Napoleón contra Kutúzov. Madrid: Desperta Ferro Ediciones, 2018. In Spanish.
- ქართველები უცხო თვალით: XV-XVII საუკუნეები [Georgians through Foreign Eyes, XV-XVII centuries]. Tbilisi: Artanuji, 2018, 2 vols. In Georgian
- “With Honor and Fidelity:” Life and Career of Colonel Nicolas Tokhadze (1901-1975) of the French Foreign Legion,” in The Proceedings of the Institute of History and Ethnology (Tbilisi State University) XIV-XV (2018): 479-514.
Martha Lawler serves on the editorial board of RBM: A Journal of Rare Books, Manuscripts, and Cultural Heritage and contributes frequently to other LIS publications.