The curator is steadily adding materials to the collection. These materials are primarily selected with the research interests of LSU-Shreveport faculty and students in mind. Currently, the curator is also specifically seeking out acquisitions in the area of panoramas and other physically-extended, three-dimensional or simulated three-dimensional printed artifacts.
Below is a list of our most recent acquisitions.
New to the collection
- The Cherub: or, Guardian of Female Innocence. London: Printed for W. Locke, 1792.
- Dutton, T. (translator). The Art of Cuckoldom… London: Printed for the Translator, 1794.
- Woman Disrobed; A Curious and Amusing Love Tale… London: Printed by John Wilson, .
- The Rake’s Progress; or, The Humors of Drury-Lane… London: Printed for J. Chettwood…, 1735.
- The Rake’s Progress; or, the Templar’s Exit… London: Printed for J. Wren and G. Hodges, 1784.
- Webster, Anthony. Twilight of the East India Company: The Evolution of Anglo-Asian Commerce and Politics 1790-1860. Woodbridge: Boydell Press, 2009.
- Sutcliffe, Robert K. British Expeditionary Warfare and the Defeat of Napoleon, 1793-1815. Woodbridge: Boydell Press, 2016.
- Palmer, Vernon. Through the Codes Darkly: Slave Law and Civil Law in Louisiana. Clark: The Lawbook Exchange, 2012.
- Louisiana. Annual message of Thomas O. Moore, Governor of the State of Louisiana. To the General Assembly. January, 1861. Baton Rouge: J.M. Taylor, state printer, 1861.
May - December 2016
- Redwood. Original drawing of a “Louisiana Tiger, A Zouave Drummer Boy…” 1886.
- Woodward, George Moutard. Opinions of Bonaparte. 2 Frames. [1808?]
- Vullemin, E. Album Officielde la Fete des Vignerons. Vevey 1889.
- Cruikshank, George. Punch and Judy… New York: Remington & Hooper, 1929.
- Bingham, D.A. A Selection from the Letters and Despatches of the First Napoleon. London: Chapman & Hall, 1884. (3 vols.)
- Picard, E. Unpublished Correspondence of Napoleon I preserved in the War Archives. New York: Duffield, 1913. (3 vols.)
- The Confidential Correspondence of Napoleon Bonaparte with his Brother Joseph. New York: Appleton, 1856. (2 vols.)
- Gurwood, J. The Despatches of the Field Marshal the Duke of Wellington during his Various Campaigns from 1799 to 1818. London: Murray, 1937. (14 vols.)
- Owen, S.J. A Selection from the Despatches, Treaties, and Other Papers of the Marquess Wellesley, K.G. during his Government in India. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1877.
- Rapp. Memoirs of General Count Rapp. London: Colburn, 1823.
- Wilson, Sir R. Private Diary of Travels, Personal Services and Public Events. London: John Murry, 1861. (2 vols.)
January 2016 - February 2016
- Livingston. A System of Penal Law, for the State of Louisiana. Philadelphia, 1833.
- Map Showing the Route of the Arkansas Regiment from Shreveport to San Antonio de Bexar Texas. Washington, D.C.: United States GPO, 1849.
- Lion, J. Andrew Jackson General. [s.l.]: d'Aubert et de Junca, [n.d.]
- Moore, S.S. and T.W. Jones. The Traveller's Directory: Or, a Pocket Companion, Shewing the Course of the Main Road from Philadelphia to New York; and from Philadelphia to Washington ... Philadelphia: printed for Mathew Carey ..., 1804.
- Carretta, Vincent. George III and the Satirists from Hogarth to Byron. Athens and London: The University of George Press, 1990.
- [Civil War]. Collection of approximately 84 general orders and courts martial issued by the United States War Department. Washington: 1864. (Copy originally belonging to Washington Lafayette Elliot.)
- Davey, James and Richard Johns. Broadsides: Caricature in the Navy, 1756-1815. Barnsley: Seaforth Publishing in association with National Maritime Museum, 2012.
- Daniell, Walter V. Collectanea Napoleonica... London: W. V. Daniell, 
- Dussek, O.B. Fairy Songs & Ballads for the Young. London: D'Almaine, [n.d.] (Partial copy.)
- Finlay, Victoria. The Brilliant History of Color in Art. Los Angeles: The J. Paul Getty Museum, 2014.
- Finlay, Victoria. Color: A Natural History of the Palette. New York: Random House Trade Paperbacks, 2004.
- Gengembre, Gérard. Napoleon: The Immortal Emperor. New York: Vendome, 2003.
- Hickey, Donald R. Glorious Victory: Andrew Jackson and the Battle of New Orleans. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2015.
- High Spirits: The Comic Art of Thomas Rowlandson. London: The Royal Collection Trust, 2013.
- Hill, Draper. Fashionable Contrasts: Caricatures by James Gillray. London: Phaidon Press, 1966.
- Jaime, E. Musée de la Caricature... Two volumes. Paris: Chez Delloye, 1838.
- Jenkins, James and William Heath (illustrator). The Martial Achievements of Great Britain and Her Allies from 1799-1815. London: printed for J. Jenkins ... by L. Harrison, 
- Larochejaquelein, Marie-Louise-Victoire, Marchioness de. Memoirs of the Marchioness de Larochejaquelein... Edinburgh: George Ramsay and Company, 1816.
- [Napoleon caricature]. London: R. Ackermann, [n.d]
- Maurice, Arthur Bartlett and Frederic Taber Cooper. The History of the Nineteenth Century in Caricature. New York: Dodd, Mead and Company, 1904.
- Pastoureau, Michel. Black: The History of a Color. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2008.
- Pastoureau, Michel. Blue: The History of a Color. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2001.
- Pastoureau, Michel. Green: The History of a Color. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2014.
- Patten, Robert L. George Cruikshank's Life, Times, and Art. Volume 1: 1792-1835. London: The Lutterworth Press, 1992.
- Physick, John. The Duke of Wellington in Caricature. London: Her Majesty's Stationery Office, 1965.
- The Works of James Gillray... Bronx: Benjamin Blom, 1968.